Hello there. It seems like time to blow the dust and cobwebs off of the blog. It’s been six months between posts which I am pretty sure translates to decades in internet years.
I am not sure where to begin, so I have made a list called “10 Things I Have Been Doing While I Was Not Blogging.” However, the real reason for my absence is in #10.
- Signed copies of Handmade Hostess at Costco
- Took fewer pictures and tried to be in the moment more
- Wondered if that really worked
- Cleaned out the guest room and threw away all evidence that I’m actually a hoarder
- Stood by two of our favorite couples as they got married
- Congratulated a third friend on her engagement (#yearoftheweddings)
- Celebrated the best Christmas I have had in a long time
- Fine-tuned my second fabric line
- Studied the changing blog landscape and wondered where I fit in
- Finished writing a novel
Yes, that’s right. I wrote a (second) book – this time venturing into the world of fiction.
Alas, the blog is not the only thing I have neglected in the big push to the finish. Also: calls from friends, showers, Facebook, coffee dates.
Have you ever had a goal that was greedy, demanding everything you had? This one was like that. I have learned that if you don’t feed the greedy ones, they’ll grow up lopsided and malnourished.
In the meantime, I am still reflecting on #9. Blogging is changing. I am thinking of some new ways to connect more regularly with you, but this will stay my home base. I am very optimistic about 2014. Here’s to creating space for all of the things (and people) who are important to us.